2015/2016 Snowmobile Season

November 13, 2015 at 8:32am

This season there is an important change to the TMA purchase process which was passed at the September VAST statewide membership meeting.  The TMA rate applicable is now based on the state where the subject is registered.  Please see the membership tab which gives you TMA information and a downloaded form that can be mailed to DVSJ.  A mailing to all our current members is in the process so look for the mail and hard copy coming soon!!


2015/2016 Snowmobile Season

 Following you will find  VT REGISTRATION and safety course information which will assist in the purchase of the appropriate TMA needed to ride the VAST Trail System during the upcoming season. Please review.  Have checks made payable to “DVSJ”

Call Tom Baltrus at anytime for assistance  (802)780-8552   (Cell)

(802)464-8211   (Home)

Snowmobiling Requirements

  1. Registration – A snowmobile must be registered for the current year either in Vermont or another state or province. Vermont registrations can be renewed on line at DMV Express = https://secure.vermont.gov/dmv/   or return by mail the renewal notice sent by DMV in August. Vermont registration services are also available locally at Fat City Motor Worx located on Route 100 north of the Route #9 intersection in Wilmington.
  1. Owners wishing to change the state of registration to Vermont can make use of the service at Fat City Motor Worx during their business hours or visiting any Vermont DMV office. You should be aware that Vermont registrations are not honored by any other state in the northeast………………..if you plan to snowmobile out of state at any time during the season you should consider retaining the out of state registration
  1. Insurance – A minimum liability policy of $25,000 for one person and $50,000 for two or more persons killed or injured and $10,000 for property damages in any one accident is the law. Proof of insurance must be carried at all times while snowmobiling in Vermont. Proof of Insurance is not needed for purchase of a TMA
  1. Snowmobile Safety Course – Any person born after July 1, 1983 and who is 12 years of age or older must take and pass a snowmobile safety education course. Proof of this course must be carried at all times while snowmobiling in Vermont. An online version is available for a fee. Course information is available through the Vermont State Police at their website: www.vtsp.org or at the VAST website www.vtvast.org. Failure to comply is punishable by a fine.